Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Born into brothels


I saw this movie a while ago and was completely moved. I made a promise to myself that I would definetly contribute my share in helping those kids and but as usually I forgot about it after a while. But luckily I saved this link in my bookmarks and somehow found this today.

This movie is about the kids in calucutta who were born in the family of brothels. Zana briski, a U.S citizen once on her trip to India to shoot some pictures came across these kids and their families and finally convinced some people and made her experience into this wonderful documentary. After watching this movie I felt very ashamed of our filmmakers and I am sure anybody else would feel the same way.

You can contribute to this organization by buying either the DVD or the book containing the pictures taken by these kids.

The link is here
http://kids-with-cameras.org/home/

1 comment:

ilaiy said...

That was an amazing movie ..

./thanks
ilaiy