Monday, April 14, 2008

Shoot 'em Up - The real senseless fun

shoot-em-up I never really understood the phrase "senseless fun" and when some critics (especially on rediff.com) say that we should leave our brains at our home while watching so and so movie. I often felt insulted when critics use those phrases and honestly, I don't want to leave my brains at home when watching any movie. Also, most of the movies, in fact all of bollywood movies don't belong in that genre. They are not the "senseless fun" movies as the filmmakers say they are but are simply "senseless".

This is the real "senseless fun" if there is one.

Here, the filmmakers know exactly what they are doing and when things go crazy, I mean really crazy, we know that we need to laugh with the movie as opposed to laugh at it.

There is no point in knowing the story of the movie, as there isn't any and even if there is one, the movie twists and turns it in so many weird ways that you need to pinch yourself to believe what you are seeing. All you need to know is that Clive Owen is the good guy who is trying to rescue a new born baby from the baddie played by Paul giamatti. And yes, there is hot girl played by none other than sexy Monica Bellucci. His weapons - the usual guns and a carrot. Yes, a carrot does a lot of things in this movie and you have to see it to believe it.

I cannot compare this movie to the anything I have seen before. The closest one that comes to my mind is "Transporter 2" which had a few scenes similar to this one. But it was not even half as much fun as this one.

For a brief period of time, I got a little tired of watching movies and postponed my hobby for several weeks now. I am glad that I started my usual schedule with this movie. I liked it so much that I showed it to a couple of friends the very next day and I sat through the entire thing.

One friend who knew what the movie was all about enjoyed it and the other one was confused on whether this was a comedy or a serious action movie.

My rating : 3.75/5

No comments: