Monday, January 26, 2009

New year resolutions

I hate new year celebrations but the last few weeks of the ending of an year brings a hope in me, an excuse to jot down some resolutions and start a new life which I always keep postponing and deep in the heart knowing that I will not keep any of the promises. Well, last December was no different and I planned to write about my resolutions, "Stop procrastinating" being the top priority and ironically, I am posting this 26 days too late. So, excluding that, here are my resolutions:

1) Gain weight : This one is long long long due. Have been skinny all my life and failed on completing this thing almost every year. If I stick to the plan...Apr 2009 should be the target.

2) Blog more: Realized that this is the best way to dump the ideas/emotions/fears in my head. Should do it more often.

3) Read more: I wonder why it is that the most rewarding things in life are the tough ones to start. B0oks are rewarding than movies and good old movies are more rewarding than any of the new ones. But it is tough task to actually open a book and start the process of reading and the easiest thing to do is to watch some silly videos on youtube which you regret later. I hate why the best things always have to be so tough. Goal: make a habit of reading atleast 50 pages per day.

4) Stop fooling around on internet and getting the work done: Have been lagging behind on many assignments and now I am famous for not turning up with results by time in office. It's high time to stop it.

5) A Better photographer: Has been a dream since long time. Already decided on the gear. Come February, get some good books on this and start shooting....

6) Save some money for the big trip: Have never been a spendthrift but just start getting a little cautious on this ...Time for a dream since I came to this country to be realized...Bringing mom & dad to USA for a few months.. They have never been out of country, actually never been out of state until last year. I am so glad that I could show them some important places in India. More on this later...

7) Make a firm decision: The big question: USA or India. I love to live in this country but it comes with a hefty price of living far away from parents when they need me the most and being a stranger to my brother's kids. I almost cried when I had to leave them while coming back from last year's India trip.. Already missing a lot in this aspect...

8) Keep in touch with old friends: I have been so lucky to find some great friends during my engineering and Masters. Too bad that I have lost touch with most of them and I have no news on what is going on with my best friend from engineering.. Sad that I felt uncomfortable talking to him on the phone last time I called him.

9) Movies ofcourse: This promise I know I will keep for sure. Already made a list on some great american and foreign old movies that I wanted to watch for quite some time now. I am back with Netflix (more on this later) again...Yay ..

1 comment:

Shweta said...

Hey thanks for the comment on my blog.. Ur right! Our resolutions are very alike..! Have you made progress on any of yours yet?!