Saturday, July 08, 2006

A genuine horror

“Three extremes” like our Varma’s anthology of horrors (Darna mana hai) is collection of short films; actually it’s three of them. But unlike any American or desi horror we got used to see, this movie does not rely on shocks or in the supernatural. Remember the nightmares that all of us have once in a while in which we want to get out of and once we wake up we are so glad that it is all a dream?? Well, this movie produces almost the same effect.

The movie is as they say “different from the usual” but it is not different just for the sake of it. But I should warn you that it’s highly possible that you might throw up or end up having nightmares for weeks after watching the first story.
This movie makes its mark in my list of best horrors of all time. Of course after “The Exorcist” and “The Shining”.

3 comments:

Twisted DNA said...

My favorite horror is "The Omen". I think that is how horrors should be done. No gore or gorssness. But the movie is plain chilling. I am not a big fan of throwing up at the movies though :) If the picture you posted gives a "taste" of the movie, I would probably stay away from it :)

samurai said...

Hmm, horror movies, eh :) I am yet to be scared bejesus by any movie so far. So let me try this movie.

Also, welcome to adsense. In one month, I made wholemotthamwholega 82 cents :))

Kishan said...

twisted_dna: The Omen is a good movie but in my opinion it does not raise above routine horror standards. "The Exorcist" is the best for me.
I am also not a fan of throwing up at movies but once in a while I wake up at night from some strange dreams which make no sense at all but are terrifying. This movie came close to one such nightmare of mine. And the beauty of this movie is that it follows no rules and plots of a horror but still works.

Prasad: As I said, this movie will not scare you but will make you feel uneasy. Well, I too don't get scared that easily but "Bhoot" made me loose my sleep for a night.
Congrats, you are coming close to making a buck. Nenu inka boni kottaledhu.