Thursday, June 08, 2006

Finally, the bad guy wins


Match point is completely different from what I saw from Woody Allen till date. But no matter how different a movie could be in terms of execution, this movie's ending would be a total shock. Please do not read further if you didnt watch this movie and are planning to watch it sometime.
I was engrossed in the movie but I was a bit sad as I was one hundred percent sure that there was no way this movie could end on a happy note. By "happy note" I mean through the perspective of the movie's protagonist.

I dont know if it happens only with a few people like me or everybody else, but after a certain point in the movie we become the protagonist and no matter what his intentions and actions are we wish that he would come out of the danger unscathed. What this guy does in this movie was definetly unethical, immoral and selfish. But inspite of all his criminal actions, I was constantly hoping that he would not get screwed. Well, I didn't find a movie which was so big hearted that it would forgive such a person... well , this movie does...

Woody had always a knack for the irony.. and I think he is at his best in this one. The only difference is that woody normally used comedy as a cover for his irony but in this one it is crime.

2 comments:

samurai said...

Hey Kishan - thanks for dropping by. I thought there weren't many telugu people who are actively blogging - but good to see that few of us are still there. One of these days, I want to compile a list and put up on my blog.

I ll make sure to read your blog regularly and OH, thanks for linking me too :)

Twisted DNA said...

THanks for the spoiler alert :) I didn't see the movie and I was told it's a very intersting movie. I will check it out.