Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Inspirational Movies

I just happened to see this list of 100 most inspirational movies selected by AFI at rogerebert.com. I am not sure if this is a sorted list or not but the moment I saw " It's a wonderful life" right at the top of the list, I was thrilled. It was the same movie I was hoping to see on the top after reading the title of the article. I copied the list to a spreadsheet at once and counted the number of movies that I saw among them. It was 37......hmmmm.. (not too bad for someone who started watching american movies just a couple of years ago).

The complete list can be found at
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060616/COMMENTARY/60616003

P.S.
I don't know how a movie like "Casablanca" could be "inspiring" but never mind. I wouldn't mind placing "Casablanca" in the top 5 of any given genre of film making.

2 comments:

Twisted DNA said...

You are only 63 movies away from being fully and officially inspired :)

Kishan said...

Well, I guess it might take another 5 years to reach that target...